Bahrain LNG Import Terminal Project
Bahrain LNG construction commenced mid-Q4 2016 with GS Engineering & Construction (South Korea) as the main contractor. The majority of construction works were completed in 2018 and the project is now entering the Commissioning Phase.
At December 31st 2018:
- The breakwater and piling construction works were completed offshore;
- The offshore jacket structure fabricated in South Korea was transported to the offshore project site in Bahrain and permanently installed in Q2/18;
- The Regasification Platform fabricated by CUEL in Thailand was transported and installed onto the offshore jacket in Q4/18;
- The subsea and onshore pipeline has been installed, including the sections constructed by Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) by NSCC;
- Offshore pipe racks and access trestles were fabricated by AMA in Bahrain and installed offshore;
- Civil works on the Onshore Reception Facility (ORF) have been concluded;
- Equipment for the Nitrogen Production Facility (NPF) has been delivered and installed;
- The “Bahrain Spirit” FSU was delivered from DSME and was engaged in short term trading.
The overall project design, engineering and construction progres